AEEDC Dubai Awards
There has been tremendous growth within the dental industry in recent years and the AEEDC Scientific Advisory Committee and stakeholders are delighted to recognize the distinguished leaders and innovators within the world of oral heath.
The AEEDC Dubai 2016 Awards are designed to show appreciation by recognizing the significant achievements of both individuals and organisations and their outstanding contributions to oral health.
1 – AEEDC Dubai Personality of the Year Award 2016
This is an annual award, which is granted to the person that has made a significant contribution to oral health on a global scale. The nominees and the winner will be selected by the AEEDC Awards Committee.
2 – The Year’s Most Significant Contribution to Oral Health
This award is granted annually to an institution or a corporation that has made a significant contribution to oral health on a global scale. The nominees and the winner will be selected by the AEEDC Awards Committee.
3 – AEEDC Dubai Young Researcher Award
This award is designed to acknowledge the young talent within the field of Dental Science and will allow the young dentists to share their ideas, innovations and observations with world class institutions and authorities in the oral health field, by simply providing them with the deserved exposure, an enlightening experience will be achieved for all parties.
Through this endeavour we encourage the young researchers in the field of Dental Science to contribute their accomplished studies, thus bringing the informative benefits to all oral health professionals participating in the AEEDC Dubai event.
The single winner for the AEEDC Young Researcher Award will be entitled to the following.
- Admission to AEEDC Dubai 2017
- 4 Nights Accommodation (provided by AEEDC Dubai Organizer)
- Admission to 1 AEEDC Advanced Speciality Course of his/her choice.
- Certificate of participation.
2016 Award Winner
Syed Muhammad Ali Naqvi1
Principal investigator and presenting author
- Syed Muhammad Ali Naqvi, Principal investigator and presenting author, Senior Lecturer (Oral Pathology), MDS Postgraduate trainee (Oral Pathology), Dr.Ishrat ul Ebad Khan Institute of Oral Health Sciences (DIKIOHS), Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Karachi. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mob:0322-2995890
- Talat Mirza, Professor, Department of Histopathology, Dow International Medical College (DIMC), Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS),Karachi
- Anwar Ali ,Professor, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Dr.Ishrat ul Ebad Khan Institute of Oral Health Sciences (DIKIOHS), Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Karachi
- Tazeen Mustansar, Assistant Professor, Department of Histopathology, Dow International Medical College (DIMC), Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Karachi
- Muhammad Asif Qureshi, Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Dow International Medical College( DIMC), Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Karachi.
4 – AEEDC Dubai Best Speaker Award
This award seeks to recognize the “Champion” presenter of the year; all AEEDC Dubai conference speakers’ names will be automatically included in this competition. The best speaker should be the most popular and attract the biggest number of attendees; he/she should get the highest recognition from the audience.The winner will be officially announced by the AEEDC Awards Committee after the final counting of “audience” votes. Recognition certificate and trophy will be presented to the winner.Announcement of the winner will be through the following:
- Personal correspondence with the winner
- AEEDC Dubai website.
- AEEDC Dubai 2016 Report.
- Wall of Recognition during AEEDC Dubai 2017.
5 – AEEDC Dubai Excellence in Clinical Equipment Award
This Award commemorates the dental clinic product/equipment that is a revolutionary breakthrough in the professional oral care, or has achieved groundbreaking improvement to an existing product. The winner will be selected by the AEEDC Awards Committee.Criteria for selection:
- Innovation or modernization of existing equipment, materials, or instruments.
- Outstanding quality of production.
- Safety of product.
- “A” to “Z” time.
- Simplicity of steps.
Click here to download the Excellence in Clinical Equipment Award Application form
6 – AEEDC Dubai Best Booth Design Award
Selection of this award will be through participants’ voting on a daily basis.The votes will be collected by the exhibitors themselves and handed over to AEEDC organizers everyday of the event.
7 – AEEDC Dubai Best Booth Activities Award
The best booth activity will be through participants’ voting on a daily basis.The votes will be collected by the exhibitors themselves and handed over to AEEDC organizers on a daily basis.
8 – AEEDC Dubai Best Photo Award
The purpose of this award category is to celebrate the necessity of details in dentistry and to appreciate effective and beautiful documentation work.
AEEDC Dubai Best Photo Award is in form of a competition, where applicants can submit as many as 5 photos for committee consideration.
Who can apply?
Any dentist, dental student, hygienist, dental technicians, and dental assistant who have given attention to details and taken the time and placed effort to have the ideal photo documentation, and consider their work to be good enough to receive an award.
The images must be in jpg or Jpeg formats, a title and date is necessary for each image, please note that it is possible that the committee will ask for a higher resolution for final decision making process. Entries that have won any competitions or awards can not be considered, any such work must be declared. A 50 word description of each image is mandatory to understand the work and consideration.
It is advised to remember the following points for better results in the award competition:
Originality of the work, creativity, Impact, excellent visual elements, colour and light balance, sharpness and contrast, serving the purpose for which the picture is taken.
By submitting your work to the committee as part of the Photo Awards, you consent to their use in whichever way (not clinical, not part of a CPD) the committee finds suitable in connection with the Photo Awards, their publicity and exposure, including but not limited to publications both hard and soft version, and as well as media. Any other purpose for the use of the image(s) needs prior consent of the owner/applicant.
In case of an image that features a face, the person appearing in the image must give a written consent understanding and agreeing to the Award and Copyright conditions.
All committee decisions in relation to the winner(s) selection are final and not debatable.