AEEDC Student Competition 2024
Competition is a major factor in education on a global scale. Education systems brings out the best in the next generation, by involving students in educational intellectual competitions and offering them incentives for self-improvement.
It’s our pleasure to announce the 15th edition of the AEEDC Student Competition, one of the many scientific activities of AEEDC Dubai, which will be held between 6 – 8 February 2024, at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
AEEDC Student Competition provides a unique opportunity to all dental & oral medicine students by participating through their universities. Each university is participating with a team of 5 students in their 4th & 5th academic years, who will actively interact with their counterparts from different dental colleges and universities. A vision of exchanging information, knowledge and expanding the students’ horizons on various fields of dentistry.
Competing students will be challenged to engage with questions in various subjects in oral & dental medicine ranging from Infection Control and Four Handed Dentistry to Implantology and Oral Surgery.
AEEDC Student Competition 2023 hosted 21 universities from around the world.
- To involve dental students in AEEDC Dubai programs.
- To create interaction among dental students of different institutions.
- To expand their knowledge in various fields in dentistry by active participation.
- To support and shape up the knowledge hunting sense of the future dentists.
- To develop an exciting environment and cohesion among dental students.
AEEDC Dubai 2023 Student Competition Scientific Review Board
- Dr. Elham Ibrahim Elshaboury
Endodontist – Dubai Health Authority (DAHC)
- Dr. Fatma Darwish Ali Abdulla Alemadi
Pedodontist – Dubai Health Authority (DAHC)
- Dr. Hazem Mourad
Prosthodontist – Dubai Health Authority (DAHC)
- Dr. Mohamad Issam Koleilat
Licensed Periodontist – DAHC
- Dr. Nabeel Humood Ghaleb Alsabeeha
DMD, MSc, MFDS RCPS (Glasg), PhD (Otago)
Consultant Prosthodontist – Emirates Health Services (EHS)
- Dr. Sameh Mohamed Mahmoud Sulaiman
Restorative Dentist – Dubai Health Authority (DAHC)
- Dr. Sosham John
SSR Senior House Officer, GP/Endodontist – Dubai Health Authority (DAHC)
Awards & Certificates:
- The winning team in the final rounds will be announced as AEEDC KNOWLEDGE CHAMPION 2024.
- Each member student of the champion team will receive 2,000 AED.
- Each member student of the 2nd place winner will receive 1,000 AED.
- Each member student of the 3rd place winner will receive 500 AED.
- Free registration for AEEDC Dubai 2025 for each member student of the champion team.
- Certificate of participation in the competition will be given to all teams’ members & their supervisors.
General Guidelines and Regulations:
- In 2024, the competition will be run Physically through a game-based platform.
- AEEDC Student Competition is open to all public and private dental universities/colleges.
- Submission of the participation form does not automatically entitle the applicant to participate in AEEDC Student Competition 2024.
- All the team members and their supervisors must be registered at the conference.
- No participation forms will be considered after 15th December 2023.
- An incomplete participation form will not be accepted as all required information should be received before the submission deadline.
- The academic team is made up of five students which will be nominated from each university to be part of the competition.
- Participants must be in their clinical practice stage (4th or 5th academic years, or 5th and internship years in educational systems where the last year of education is the internship year).
- Each team is supervised by one faculty member from the same university.
- The faculty member supervisor will nominate one team leader (captain) from the five students to be the representative of the team while answering the questions.
- A draw process will be done to select the competing teams in the preliminary round and will be announced to the participants of the competition.
- Participating teams’ members are expected to represent their University in a professional manner, any socially unacceptable behaviour will result in automatic disqualification of their team from the competition.
- For any withdrawals, the participants should notify the *organiser in writing as soon as possible or a minimum of one month prior to the event.
- In case any of the participant’s contracts COVID-19, there should be a backup student to fill in their place or the team can participate with a minimum of 3 participants.
- For any scientific objections to the questions, inform the organisers in the hall and contact the following emails: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, with your objection and supporting references.
- After elimination rounds A & B an email with the references should be sent before 6:00 PM, the issue will be addressed before the next round.
- During the semi-final/final rounds a review will be held on the spot and decisions will be taken accordingly
The competition will be composed of generally four main rounds; Elimination A & B, Semi-Final and Final Rounds:
King Faisal University
Riyadh Elm University, College of Dentistry
Ain Shams University, Faculty of Dentistry
- Elimination Rounds B:
- Day one: 6th of Feb 2024, Hall E (Tentative) – 3:00 pm
- Winners of the previous rounds will compete against each other
Round 1: Round 2: Round 3: Round 4: Round 5: Round 6: Team 1 Team 3 Team 5 Team 7 Team 9 Team 11 Team 2 Team 4 Team 6 Team 8 Team 10 Team 12
- Semi-Final Rounds:
- Day Two: 7th of Feb 2024, Hall B (Tentative) – 2:00 pm
- Winners of the previous rounds will compete against each other
Round 1: Round 2: Round 3: Team 1 Team 3 Team 5 Team 2 Team 4 Team 6
- Final Round:
- The final rounds will be conducted on the 7th of Feb 2024 during the afternoon session.
- All five participants of each university will work together to answer the questions as a team including the captain student, who will deliver the answer.
- Questions are in multiple-choice (MCQ) form. Sometimes ALL choices are correct to some extent, but the MOST correct one is the required answer at the organisers’ discretion.
- Questions are divided into two groups:
- Group one will be correlated to AEEDC Conference Lectures submitted by the speakers who are the only reference.
- Group two will be correlated to Clinical Dentistry submitted by each participating university and will be cross-checked by independent academics.
- The conference lectures’ questions will be from the respective session previous to each round, i.e. The morning session of day 1 & 2.
- Excluded Conference Halls from the Competition questions is Hall A in day 2.
- Each round will be composed of five questions randomly chosen from the Conference lectures’ questions & Universities questions and each team will receive the same questions during the same game (round).
- Each question will be equal to one point.
- In case of a tie, each team will have one tie-breaker question, if both answered correctly, the process will be repeated until only one team gets the correct answer.
- Disqualification in case of receiving external assistance is at the organisers’ discretion.
2023 Sharjah University, UAE
2022 King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
2021 Qassim University, College of Dentistry
2020 King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
2019 Qassim University, College of Dentistry
2019 Qassim University, KSA
2018 Imam Abdulrahman Alfaisal University, College of Dentistry, KSA
2017 King Khalid University, KSA
2016 Alfarabi College, Faculty of Dentistry and Nursing, KSA
2015 Alfarabi College, Faculty of Dentistry and Nursing, KSA
2014 RAK College of Dental Sciences, UAE
2013 Sharjah University, UAE
2012 Sharjah University, UAE
2011 Kuwait University
2010 Kuwait University
2009 Kuwait University and Sharjah University
University Participants for 2023
14th edition of the AEEDC Student Competition
Conference Hall B
Ibn Sina National College for Medical Studies
Team Supervisor: Dr. Roaa Alshafei
1. Dara Khan
2. Fatima Mohammed Hossain Abulkasem
3. Mawadah Khayat
4. Noor Mushan
5. Zakia Ergesoos
Came in Second Place in 2023
Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, College of Dentistry
Team Supervisor: Dr. Maram Al Ghamdi
1. Ali Almarzooq
2. Dina Alghamdi
3. Raand Altayar
4. Rawan Fakhri Almedarham
5. Zainab Al Dawood
Kuwait University, Faculty of Dentistry
Team Supervisor: Dr. Mohammad Abdulwahab
1. Amina Almarzooq
2. Fajer Alnajjar
3. Nehad Alfuraih
4. Noor Almarri
5. Razan Alqahtani
Came in 3rd place in 2023
People’s Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
Team Supervisor: Dr. Zurab Khabadze
1. Ahmad Wehbe
2. Daria Nazarova
3. Dariia Voskresenskaia
4. Darina Shirokova
5 Ekaterina Shiliaeva
Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University, College of Dentistry
Team Supervisor: Dr. Hassan Alkharaan
1. Fahad Alanazi
2. Faisal AlMarikhan
3. Hussain AlQahtani
4. Khalid Alfaifi
5. Mohannad Alghamdi
University of Sharjah
Team Supervisor: Dr. Mohammed Amjed Al-Saegh
1.Abdulsalam Al Deri
2. Ahmed Elsawaf
3. Haneen Shuaeeb Salih
4. Maryam Alketbi
5. Omar Abdulghani
Knowledge Champion in 2023 – First Place. Congrats!