The below terms and conditions apply to Delegates registering or companies sponsoring the registration of professionals and/or students interested in attending the UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC Dubai) to be held from the 29th June to 1st July 2021 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre organized by Index Conferences & Exhibition Org. Est. (the “Organiser”). By submitting your registration you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stipulated below:
ATTENDANCE AT THE PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE
By completing this registration form, you confirm and acknowledge that you are attending the conference in your capacity as Dentist or Paradental Professional or Student working in the field of or with an interest in the field of the aforementioned event. The conference is for the benefit of the persons listed above only and not for lay persons or persons who do not qualify for the categories listed above. INDEX reserves the right to refuse admission, and the same will be notified accordingly to the delegate.
CONFERENCE FEES & PAYMENT TERMS
- Prices for each Event plus VAT, where applicable, are correct at the time of publication. INDEX reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by INDEX.
- Any VAT chargeable is to be payable by the delegates in addition to, and at, the same time as, the registration.
Payment Terms for Early bird, Pre-Registration & Onsite rates and closing dates for registration.
- Early bird rates are contingent upon payment being received upon application. All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. In the event that more than one discount is applicable, delegates will receive the discount with the lowest value. All discounts are subject to approval.
- The closing date for the early bird rate is 22 February 2021 for all payment methods. Full and clear payment must be received on or before 22nd February 2021 in order to obtain the early bird rate. The Events Team is unable to honour any requests to obtain the early bird rate after these dates.
- Pre-registration rates will be offered to delegates until 23 rd May 2021 and payments via cheque, bank transfer, cash or credit card will be accepted. If payment in full is not received before the Event, INDEX reserves the right at its sole discretion and without liability either to require payment as a condition of entry to the Event or to refuse entry to the Event. No refunds of any proportion of fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of the fees will remain due and payable where entry to an Event is refused.
- Onsite registration commences on 24th May 2021 and only payments via cash or credit card (online or onsite) will be accepted.
THIRD PARTY AND GROUP REGISTRATION
- If you are booking on behalf of another person, you confirm that you are authorised by that person to make the booking, and that the person has confirmed their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that both you and the person for whom you are making the booking will be bound by these terms and conditions mentioned herein.
- You also acknowledge and agree to provide full and complete contact details of the delegates in the required format as requested by the Event’s team.
- INDEX shall not be liable for the consequences or damages directly or indirectly ensuing from incorrect, misleading, imprecise or incomplete information either contained in the registration form or based on any other details furnished by the Delegate; INDEX reserves the right to refuse to consider inadequately or not fully completed registration forms or registration forms submitted later than the date specified.
INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED DELEGATES
- Entry will be regulated through receipts issued by INDEX. Registration number will be issued only upon receipt of payment and entry to the conference will be permitted by the registration number. Please carry a print of the payment receipt and registration number.
- In the event you have registered but yet to receive the payment receipt, please contact email@example.com
CANCELLATION, SUBSTITUTION/REGISTRATION TRANSFER & REFUND POLICY
No refunds can be given. Conference fees once processed cannot be cancelled or refunded, however the following is permitted under the discretion of INDEX:
- Registration may be transferred to another person (substitution) subject to agreement with INDEX and supported by clear written communication, in special conditions such as personal ailments or non-issuance of visas, INDEX reserves the right to reject such a request. (Deadline for name change is within one week after the request approval).
- In the event that INDEX cancels the Event for any reason (except for force majeure circumstances), you will receive 100% of the conference fee paid.
- In the event that INDEX postpone an event for any reason (except for force majeure circumstances) and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, you will receive 100% of the conference fee paid.
- INDEX reserves the right to cancel any registration after confirmation in which case all fees paid will be refunded. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees is your sole remedy in the event of cancellation of your registration by INDEX and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Except as specified above, no credits will be issued for other forms of cancellation.
- INDEX is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a transfer, substitution, alteration and/or cancellation/postponement of an event. INDEX shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this conference is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to fortuitous event, act of god, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible. For the purpose of this Clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not limited to: war, fire, extreme weather or other emergencies.
Please note that Speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing; HOWEVER, it may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances to alter the content, timing speakers or venue. INDEX reserves the right at any time to postpone, change the format, alter or modify the advertised Speakers and/or topics if necessary, Delegates/Participants, content, location and timing of the Event or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability for any reason whether or not due to causes beyond its reasonable control. In the event that the conference is cancelled, and other aforementioned occurrences, delegates will be notified promptly prior to the advertised date of the event. INDEX accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage, whether direct, consequential or otherwise arising from any delay in providing the conference or change of venue. Please visit the relevant site, which is updated regularly.
(Non – Appearance/Cancellation of Speakers)
- Should Speaker(s) of this event fails to appear, either due to illness, accident or by cancellation, adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption, INDEX accepts no liability for these, and that neither party, nor any representative shall be liable for any payment and/or refunds.
- INDEX reserves the right without liability to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of INDEX represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by INDEX or the venue owners at the Event.
BANKRUPTCY OR LIQUIDATION
In the event of any Delegate committing an act of bankruptcy or if a limited company being wound up, this terms and conditions shall be determined void and all monies already paid shall be retained by INDEX.
- Please note that accommodation and travel are not included in the conference fee.
- Accommodation/ travel arrangement must be made by the Attending delegates.
- No Delegate shall engage in or permit filming, sound or video recording, telecasting and broadcasting at the Exhibition venue unless prior written approval is obtained from INDEX.
- No distribution of publicity materials is allowed during the conference anywhere within the vicinity of the Conference or anywhere else within the Exhibition Venue.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND OTHER IMAGE RECORDINGS
- All types of unauthorised photography and recording/transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited.
- Photography and recordings photographs will be taken at the conference by an official Event photographer, which may be used by INDEX in post-event publicity and on future marketing materials. In registering to attend the conference, delegates agree to the official photographer taking such photographs, and to INDEX using the photographs as set out above. If you do not wish to be in any photography, kindly notify a member of INDEX Events Team immediately upon arrival at the conference for further guidance.
NOTE: Please note that other attendees at the conference (delegates, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors etc.) may also take photographs; INDEX accepts no responsibility in connection with the use of these photographs.
Full particulars of Delegate must be submitted to INDEX for approval and registration before they may be admitted to the Conference/Exhibition. As the personnel are approved by INDEX (‘authorised personnel’) they will be issued badges for identification and admission purposes. Delegate shall procure that authorised personnel:
- Display their badges conspicuously whilst in the Venue; and
- Do not pass their badges to other persons.
*Delegate must wear the identification badges issued by the Organiser at all times. Additional attendees/staff will be permitted upon payment of the relevant registration fees.
NOTE: For verification purposes, INDEX shall reserve the right to request for any identification.
- INDEX may collect and process personal company data, which may include personally identifiable data such as the contact person’s email, address and contact number (“personal data”) in order to perform its obligations pursuant to this Terms and Conditions as well as to provide Delegate information about future events. INDEX will mainly collect the personal data directly from Delegates when they complete the Application Form or through other approved INDEX third party service providers. Provision of the personal data would be mandatory. Without such information INDEX may not be able to perform its obligations under this Terms and Conditions, such as to contact the Delegate with anything related to the registration/Event (if any).
- Such data will generally not be transferred or shared with any other entity, though there may be disclosure or sharing of personal data for purposes of compliance with laws, regulations or directives by regulators or authorities. By submitting personal company data to INDEX and signing the application form, Delegate’s expressly consent, on behalf of their officers and employees, to the transfer and processing of that personal company data in the UAE and elsewhere.
*Compliance with all applicable data protection laws is of the utmost importance, this also includes the European General Data Protection Regulation of May 2018 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the GDPR). Where shared Personal Data that constitutes EU Personal Data is transferred by the Organiser in a location outside of the European Economic Area “EEA”, the Organiser shall comply with its obligations pursuant to Chapter 3 of the GDPR (Rights of the data subject) and Part V of the PDPA (Access to and Correction of Personal Data).
Consent and rights of the delegate
- By agreeing to this Terms and Conditions, the Delegate consent to the collection and use of his/her personal data as outlined in this Statement, including the use and provision of his/her personal data for direct marketing. Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delegates’ information is kept on INDEX group companies’ database and used by INDEX group companies to assist in providing selected products and services which may be of interest to the Delegates and which will be communicated by letter, phone, fax, email or other electronic means. The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us on a database and may be shared with INDEX group of companies for direct marketing purposes. Please note, however, that INDEX may release the Delegate’s personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- For company-related data, INDEX utilise such information for the purpose of sending event-related offers, managing business processes with you as a Delegate, information and advertising prior and after the event, communication and delegate databases updating in the UAE and abroad, and market research.
- If you do not wish your personal data to be used together with the company data, you are free to object at any time to the further use and communication of your personal data to third parties by emailing it to us at email@example.com
NOTE: Each delegate badge will be marked with a barcode which can be scanned by Exhibitors to capture your personal information such as your name, job title, organisation and email address. Please inform the exhibitor at the time if you do not wish to have your details scanned.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Delegate’s personal data without the data subject’s permission, will not be disclosed or shared with any third parties for purposes other than those stated at the time the data was collected. INDEX will retain the personal data it hold confidential but in certain circumstances, may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- Its agents, advisers, service providers, contractors, and auditors, in connection with their operations and/or services for facilitating and enhancing their operations, conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- Its overseas offices, affiliates, joint ventures partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purpose of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in UAE and around the world;
- Persons to whom the Organiser is required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside the United Arab Emirates.
All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions in connection with this Event is expressly reserved and any unauthorised duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.
INDEX shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the Terms and Conditions for any reason beyond their control including Act of God, legislation, war, terrorist activity, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or any other general cases of “force majeure” whether or not “ejusdem generis” with the foregoing or any cause not within INDEX control or for any loss or damage sustained in the event that the opening or holding of the Exhibition is prevented, postponed or abandoned or if the hall becomes totally or partially unavailable for the holding of the Exhibition due to any of the foregoing causes.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
INDEX excludes all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event. All indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are excluded. INDEX accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Event whether direct, indirect or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business or any other type of economic loss) or otherwise. In the event that INDEX is liable to you for any reason, it’s total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees paid by you to INDEX ONLY. The limitations and exclusions in this condition only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
INDEX reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time your registration is submitted.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- INDEX reserves the right to interpret, alter and amend these General Terms and Conditions and to issue additional rules and regulations at any time they consider necessary for the orderly operation of the Exhibition, all interpretations of these Conditions and any additional rules and regulations by the Organiser shall be final.
- Delegate shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Exhibition Venue which are deemed to be integral parts of and incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between the provisions of such rules and regulations and these General Terms and Conditions, these General Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In the event of a breach of any of the conditions herein INDEX may in all cases retain all monies paid by the Delegate and recover further monies from the Delegate as provided herein. All communications should be addressed to:
INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organization Est.
P.O. Box: 13636
Tel: +971 4 520 8888
DELEGATE RULES & REGULATIONS
By completing the Delegate Registration Form, the Delegate acknowledges receipt of and agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations stated therein.
This Registration Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applied in the Emirate of Dubai, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Dubai courts.
Disclaimer for Leisure Activities notice
You should consider carefully whether you will be able to participate fully in the leisure activities offered as part of the visitor programme. INDEX warns that some activities may be physically demanding or carry inherent dangers. You accept that it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether participation in any activity in the delegate programme is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health, and it is also your responsibility to observe all safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to such activities. To the extent permitted by law, neither INDEX nor its officers or employees will accept any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether due to negligence or any other cause, arising from participation in any part of the visitor programme, including but not limited to activities outside the conference or exhibition. In the event of death or personal injury, the liability of INDEX and its officers and employees is limited accordingly.